R.R.C.O.N. is located in a sprawling building in Sector 95, Pataudi Road, Wazirpur, Gurgaon. Gurgaon is very famous for its ancient Sheetla Mata Temple and the city is believed to be founded by Guru Dronacharya. Its promixity to the national capital has its own value. The School has new nicely constructed spacious building of its own in a very serene and clean pollution free environment.
R.R.S.O.N. is facilitated with well equipped laboratories:-
- Fundamentals of Nursing Lab.
- Community Health Nursing Lab.
- M.C.H/OBG & Paed. Lab.
- Nutrition Lab.
- Pre - Clinical Sciences Lab.
- Computer Lab.
- Audio - Visual Room.
- Advanced nursing skill lab
SPORTS AND EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
Activities relating to Sports and Physical Education are essential components of personality development, helping to promote good health, and inculcate a spirit of friendly competition. Outdoor and Indoor sports facilities are provided. A variety of recreational and cultural programs and social events are organized periodically to assimilate the students into the social fabric of the society. The students are encouraged to participate in activities of their choice and interest.
All students are encouraged to excel, and participate in programs at the State and National levels. Inter Collegiate Literary competitions and other extra-curricular activities are also encouraged. Active support and Infrastructure is provided for students wishing to take part in games and competitions and thereby promoting highest standards of which they are capable.
PERSONALITY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
PDP comprises debates, group discussion, competitions, management games, lectures on personality grooming and seminars by eminent persons from diverse areas of specialization.
LAMP LIGHTING CEREMONY
After the first three months period, there will be a preliminary examination conducted by the school of nursing. For the successful candidates there will be a lamp lighting ceremony to impart them with lamp lighted by Florence Nightingale, the founder of Modern Nursing. The students also take Florence Nightingale Pledge.
The college has well organized following committees which involves actively in the college activities.
- curriculum committee
- library committee
- anti ragging committee
- student welfare committee
- Anti sexual harassment committee
National Service Scheme (NSS)
The NSS branch in the college is operated by the NSS officer and student volunteers. Lot of social service activities are taken up as a part of NSS. Blood Donation Camps, Dental health checkup camps, Diabetic screening camps, Tree Plantations, School health programs, National pulse polio programs, are some of the regular activities of this group. They also go on a survey in the nearby villages creating health awareness.
PLACEMENT AND TRAINING
The R.R College of Nursing has earned a distinct place amongst the premier Institutes in Gurugram by imparting quality education . we have established a separate placement and training cell with highly qualified faculty to groom and place the students.
The R.R. College of Nursing has always taken pride in itself on the quality of the campus placements it offers to its students. It also offers its students training to face the job interviews and group discussions which students are expected to go through. It also ensures that all the students at the institution are given the "finishing school " treatment in order to prepare them for the world of opportunities awaiting them. The process of training and placement is handled by the placement cell .
At R.R. College of Nursing every care is taken to provide the best facilities for students who stay away from their homes. The excellent residential facilities have been carefully planned as per the need of students our hostels on the camps offer well –ventilated, comfortable room with separate hostels for girls. Our hostels accommodates more than 200 students comfortable . the hostel cleanliness comforts to ace hygiene students. Mess facilities are also available to provide the hosteler with nutrition's and quality food.
During the three months probationary period, the students shall wear white round neck kurta, white salwar and white dupatta, white stocking and black shoes.
In winter, a bottle green cardigan shall be worn over the uniform.
At the completion of probationary period, there will be "THE CANDLE LIGHT CEREMONY" for successful candidates. After the probationary period, uniform is changed to green Kurta, Salwar & without sleeves coat.
Complete uniform must be worn on duty, in classroom and for practical examinations. When in uniform the student must have her hair neatly braided or done up on the head.
Student are not allowed to wear any kind of jewellery while on duty. Coming on duty or attending the classroom etc. with painted nails is discouraged.
INSTITUTION RULES & REGULATIONS FOR THE STUDENTS
All students shall comply with the School Rules and Regulations:-
Regular and punctual attendance at lectures, demonstrations, practical, clinical & class examinations etc. is compulsory. Students, whose progress and conduct are not considered satisfactory, will not be allowed to take examinations. Student, who does not maintain a satisfactory academic standard and conduct, will not be allowed to hold office in School or in extra-curricular activities.
STRICTLY FORBIDDEN in any part of the Institution are:-
- The possession or use of alcoholic beverages.
- The possession or use of addictive or hallucinogenic durgs.
- The possession or use of firearms or any lethal weapon.
- Students must pay for all damages caused by them to books and other school property, if any. Illness and minor ailment must be reported to the Principal / Warden as early as possible.
- School fees must be paid in full by the dates specified by the management. Any student whose fee, together with the fine imposed, is still unpaid will be suspended from attending lectures
- All irregularities, neglect of duties, break of rules and indiscipline are to be brought to the notice of the Principal. The Principal, in consultation with the management shall deal with any serious offence.
- The decision of the Governing Body of the School in all disputes would be final and binding on the students.
- The school is basically residential providing all amenities for physical and spiritual well being of the students and it is "compulsory" for all the students to be members of the hostel and hostel mess.
- At the time of admission the student and parent/legal guardian will be required to sign a declaration that their children/wards will abide by all the rules and regulations of the Institutions.
- Repeated misbehaviour, violation of rules, refusal from duty, poor performance in theory & practical, instigations for strikes & misconduct will be viewed seriously which can result in expulsion from the Institute without any claims.
- Institute doesn't have any kind of responsibility of any student while going to hospital/community experience or while going and coming back from home.
- During the Training period no student will be permitted to appear in any other examination or competition.